******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

06 November 2010

Goths of colour

I myself am a dark skinned goth. I've heard people make fun of me because of that but I never really cared because being that different always made me feel unique :P . Anyway I thought I was the only "black goth" in the entire world as some people of colour feel alienated from embracing a subculture where everyone is expected to look pale as a ghost but it seems I'm not the only one. I've been looking around on the internet trying to find some infos about "non-conventional" goths (also called interracial goths or ethnical goths) and I ended up in this wonderful essay written by a dark skinned goth called Lucy Furr. I suggest you all read it.
it's long but it's worth it. It will totally make you understand what goth is and why ANYONE can be goth.

http://www.morbidoutlook.com/lifestyle/articles/2001_02_gothocolour.html

"Goth Culture has no reason to be racist, elitist or anything else completely obnoxious. Otherwise we become a mirror of that which we most despise." - Lucy Furr






♥BallerinaDark♥

3 comments:

Stunt Pilot said...

I think it's great

Anonymous said...

i know exactly how it is.. while most people in my community are all into the whole hip hop subculture witch is fine but i liked the goth subculture better plus like my friend was telling me its better to be yourself than just another copy- but it is pretty hard to support something that everyone else in my environment seems to dislike...

Hellstorm said...

This was inspiring, really! "I do not wear a size five, but I look damn good in my black corset, thank you very much!" Great woman :D And dude, you look greater than many pale-goths out there, my opinion :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...