******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

19 April 2011

Is Lady Gaga a Goth?

I was looking for some Lady Gaga pictures because I was looking for some make-up ideas and I stepped on many site were people ask wheter this Lady is a goth. Well the answer (or at least My answer) is NO. LADY GAGA IS NOT A GOTH.

As we all should know, being a goth is not all about the clothes, but it's mostly about the music you listen to. Lady Gaga said many times that she was inspired by Madonna, The Queen, David Bowie and Micheal Jackson. Is any of this artists considered goth music? NO. So again, NO, LADY GAGA IS NOT GOTH. Repeat with me. LADY-GAGA-IS-NOT-GOTH. xD

So why does she look goth sometimes? Well the answer is, because her main stylist was and still is Alexander McQueen who has many gothic elements in his creations! (click here please--> here.)


Anyway I think she's not a bad artist. At least she can sing a bit and she knows how to "act" and entertain. I really appreciate the fact that she DARES to be different from the mass. At least physically, she tries to be unique. Her music in fact is not. It's a mix between 80s music you could hear in gay clubs (she once said herself her music is for gay people mostly) with a Christina Aguilera sounding like voice. You can take inspiration from the famouse gothic side of her look though !







So no more talking Gaga being a goth now ok? ^__^

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok ...:P

Hellstorm said...

I'm sorry but I don't find her unique. I find her a copy cat of those primary artists who dared to be different. I've seen many pictures which prove how gaga copies Roison Murphy. And to me, she lost everything when she wore that fucking meat dress. Lady gaga = shit.

Unknown said...

I understand what you mean HellStorm. I know she is a copy cat of others but in today's society where everybody is meant to be equal like robots it's still nice to see that she tried not to be like the mass, risking her career (because there was 50% possibilities she could be a total flop and that people would just refer to her as a total creepy freak). So that's the only nice thing about her. And the fact that she's is appreciated for being so, shows that people are opening their minds and that they don't want no more "robots" and usual things around..! Anyway..i agree with you about the meat dress..that completely sucked! :P

Hellstorm said...

I think she was pretty conscious about how being different is scandalous and how scandalous makes you famous. She's a "forced-unique" if you know what I mean. If you take a look at her old photos, she's the typical girl with brown hair and pink dress.
But yeah, at least she had the courage to present herself as a "freak"
By the way, I'm addicted to your blog, great job (:

Anonymous said...

Lady Gaga.. Goth.... puahahahahah! xD What? Really,when I saw this title I thinked:"Who told this?" Anyway,I agree with you.

PinkPlumFairy said...

"I think she was pretty conscious about how being different is scandalous and how scandalous makes you famous."
Absolutely right, I think.The only thing that woman does, is to provocate and with that she really can earn a lot of money. Most of the people don't say "Oh, she looks so great, I also want to look like that", no they think she's a freak and they are starring at here like at an animal at the zoo. She even has got a stylist, the possibility is high, he creates every outfit for her. So who is unique now? Alexander McQueen is, in that case.
An maybe that creepy style of should just abstract from her horribe music.

"As we all should know, being a goth is not all about the clothes, but it's mostly about the music you listen to"
Ahm, I don't really agree with you. Beeing goth is an attitude to life, not only clothes and music. These two things are some kind of fassade.
In my opinion, beeing goth means, beeing different, to know and to enjoy it.
Tell me, if I'm wrong.

(Sorry for my bad english...)

Unknown said...

Dear Sakura_zan-yoo,thank you for the comment!

You are right. Being goth is also about having a certain state of mind and attitude.
I never said goth is only about clothes and music. In fact I said it is "MOSTLY" about music. Not "only". :) As every music culture like Metal or Punk, the clothes derive from the music and so the final attitude and state of mind.

..Or so I think. What I say is not an absolute thruth..I'm not an expert. I'm just a girl living the goth culture and trying to put together in a blog what I've learned about goth all these years xD

♥BallerinaDark♥

PinkPlumFairy said...

Sorry, if I seemed a little harsh. Maybe I just missunderstood it.
I'm not an expert too, but this statement kind of irritated me.

I think, we have the same opinion in generall and it's okay :)

By the way, your blog is not bad at all.

Unknown said...

You didn't seem harsh, don't worry :) and thank you ♥

Tenebris In Lux said...

I find her to rip off a lot from Madonna .. and even then, I don't like Madonna that much.

I've heard she can be hard to work with.

Anonymous said...

I leave a response when I like a post on a blog or I have something to add to the conversation.
It's caused by the passion communicated in the article I looked at. And after this post "Is Lady Gaga a Goth?". I was actually moved enough to write a thought :-) I do have some questions for you if it's okay. Could it be simply me or do some of the responses come across like coming from brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other places, I'd like to keep up with you. Could you list the complete urls of your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?
My web page :: Moles Warts And Skin Tags Removal Review

Anonymous said...

Hello, I want to subscribe for this webpage to obtain most up-to-date updates,
therefore where can i do it please help.

my web page minecraft premium hacks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...