******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

26 June 2011

Gothic Accessory - Hair extensions

I was reading Candy_Dee's post and I got so envy to know she can actually dye her hair of any color because I can't, my hair is already too damaged due to the fact that I always straighten them and that I never let them "breath" for a second. I believe I'm not the only one with this problem, so how can we spice up our hair with colors without damaging them?? The answer is, EXTENSIONS.


They are easy to find and they don't cost that much (depending on where you go look for them). There are differet kinds:

Real human hair extensions or Synthetic fiber hair extensions.

Synthetic hair cannot withstand hot temperatures, straightening and curling the hair will not be an option as it will singe. Human hair is available in many different grades and may be advertised by ethnic origin; India, mainland China and other countries in continental Asia are the top suppliers for 'virgin' unprocessed hair.

( yes, Emilie Autumn uses them too! ^^)

Textures of artificial hair vary from very straight to extremely curly or kinky. The exact names of curl patterns vary by brand, and the possibilities of curl patterns with synthetic hair are endless, but some examples of packaged textures include:



Silky Straight - Straight and smooth, East Asian like hair.

Yaki - Straight, usually mimicking the texture of relaxed Afro-Caribbean hair.

European - Straight European hair; less straight than Asian hair. May have a tiny amount of wave.

Deep Wave - While generally not a true 'wave', it can be made to look like spiral curls.

Loose Deep Wave or Romance Wave - Looser version of the deep wave, softer, more romantic curls.

Jheri Curl (sometimes colloquially known as 'nappy tracks') - Usually sold in very short lengths, it is often used to recreate the full 'afro' look.

Wet and Wavy , can be packaged as Spanish Wave or Indian Wave - Usually human hair is used, and is either naturally curly or permanently waved to appear so. Characterized as having soft, natural-looking curls that revert back to a curly state when wet.

FeatherLuxe - Feather hair extensions use long feathers that are attached to hair.







Extensions that can be attached to your hair with a clip (can be found at very low price, got mine for 2.50 euros each)

Extensions which get attached with keratine wax (these are way more expensive than the others and you have to go to the hairdresser to get them on)

Extensions which have to be attached to your natural hair with a braid (this get the coolest effect in my opinion..costs much if you are going to do your whole head, and take up to 12 hours to get it perfectly done. I know because I tried once and it took me that lot of time to get it done perfectly and 150 euros of hair extensions and handwork - luck I got a friend that did it for that "few" money :P)

Cyber Dreads are a kind of extension too!

 

and last time I went to a dark gothic shop I saw this amazing UV hair extensions that work with black light which I think are super cool.


Really you can do your hair very crazy with extensions and you can do it occasionally and if you get tired all you have to do is get them off and you are back to your usual look. ^_^







<--and yeah at the end you get this happy with your crazy hair on! xD

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol the last part!

I use extensions a lot. Perfect for a "one-day only" particular look.

Ashlee said...

The part about the different hairs was very useful. I don't think I would have though that yaki would match my natural hair the best if I hadn't seen it. My hair is really thick, dense, and doesn't like to straight. So it looks like relaxed African hair when I do, lol.

The last picture and the comment are awesome.

Candy_Dee said...

This is a perfect post! I'm loving all the different options you write about :) Maybe I should give my hair a rest from chemicals one day and get some of these cool things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...