******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

18 July 2011

Hair Dye Process pt.1


Hello!

Sorry it's been a while - I totally underestimated how long my hair would take to fade. Anyhow, I am sat here now with my hair bleach, so I will take you through the first part of the process.

Please note, you do not necessarily need to bleach your hair in order to get great results. This is MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE :)

So, here we go!

1) Allergy test - done, for both bleach and dye, and I haven't grown a third arm, so this is good.

2) Preparing the bathroom and myself. It is important to strip your hair of natural oils as much as possible. This means NO CONDITIONER! I find that (oddly) using baby shampoo for a week beforehand leaves my hair feeling totally ungreasy and almost dry. This means the bleach and the dye will work better. Just before you start make sure you've got everything you will need close to hand! It becomes kinda stressful if you need to run downstairs half way through, to fetch more foil.



3) The hair bleach - Gloves on first! Then mix the bleach up EXACTLY as the instructions say. We don't want to chemically burn our hair off! Also, your hair doesn't even need to go white (which is harmful) in order to achieve the best result.



4) Application of bleach - because I like to have small sections ''highlighted'', it is necessary to raid your parent's supply of kitchen foil. The idea is you put the foil behind the hair, then paste the bleach on, and fold it up - this way, the bleach won't drip anywhere or dry up. Try to work as quickly as possible to avoid potential ''blotchiness''. (Please forgive this horrendous photo! And my grumpy tired owlish eyes, devoid of makeup!).


5) Time to wait! For me, I know how long I need to leave my bleach. It can take around 90 minutes for me. However, it is important to keep checking maybe every 15 minutes just in case.... remember, we don't want to burn our hair off!

So now I am waiting... time for a cup of tea :)

Next post shall be later my dears :)

Candy x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...