******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

09 August 2011

Owls everywhere!!

So today I went shopping and as I always do I went out looking for cool jewels like earrings, necklaces, bracelets etc. As usual I stepped into Pimkie shop because once they had such nice gothy clothes there! Now they don't anymore, they had some nice t-shirts with pin-ups some months ago but I didn't buy any because I said I'd buy them the next time I would go there and eventually they went out of stock..>-< so no pin-up shirt for me T_T anyway they still have some cool cheap accessories and today I bought these lovely owl earrings for 3.95 euros.



But while looking through accessories I noticed there were tons of jewels with owls!! I never seen that much before, and I've been wondering, since when are owls a fashion trend? and why owls?
I also went into Bijou Brigitte shop and I noticed that there where tons of accessories with little owls too! Does any of you know if there's a particular reason? Not that I'm not happy with this xD I'm just wondering..

Anyway Bijou Brigitte but also Accessorize, Claire's and Pimkie are shops that I highly recommend if you are looking for cool cheap gothic accessories, I bought these items sometime ago in those shops:



I would have loved to upload some more pics but it takes too much time to upload them and my pc would slow down too much so I give up! :P

PS. in the last picture in the back you can spot the cammeo earring I've been talking about in the Gothic Accessories -Cammeos post! :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only for 3.95? You're so lucky! Well, owls are actually interesting and mysterious birds and animals in general. They only come out at night and they have those huge eyes. According to Greek Mythology (I could not resist not mentiong it :P) owls are Godess Athena's birds and they are to be wise and mysterious just like Athena.

Unknown said...

@Poe's Utopia: Thank you for your comment! Yes I was lucky to find them for such a cheap price!! :)

I know about owls :) I made an article sometime ago on "gothic" pets and owls where mentioned too. :P but my question is, why are owls reproduced on jewels so massively? Not even cats are reproduced as jewels that much !! :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know that. Maybe it's not like that all around the world. Since owls mostly live in Mediterranean that's why we have so many owl jewels! :D Just a thought >.<

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWW what the beautiful itens! \o/ I wqant one of them for meeeeee... But I'm without sufficient money... kkk'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...