******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

15 July 2011

Gramophones

Another passion of mine, Gramophones. Everytime I see one, I shiver. I feel like they are haunted somehow..Have you ever noticed that in almost every movie that talks about ghosts or presences, there is always a gramophone?? :P  Since they were used also to record voice, maybe presences tried to communicate with us through these machines. That's why I feel uncomfortable when I see a gramophone..but still I like them a lot. They attract me. When I'll go live alone I will surely buy one. I'll dedicate an entire room to it *-* When I'll be old I will be swinging on a rocking chair by the window, listening to old music with a gramophone while caressing a cat..

What is it exactly?

The phonograph (sound writer), record player, or gramophone (letter + sound) is a device introduced in 1877 that continued common use until the 1980s for reproducing (playing) sound recordings, although when first developed, the phonograph was used to both record and reproduce sounds. The recordings played on such a device generally consist of wavy lines that are either scratched, engraved, or grooved onto a rotating cylinder or disc. As the cylinder or disc rotates, a needle or other similar object on the device traces the wavy lines and vibrates, reproducing sound waves.

It was invented by Thomas Edison and later improved by Alexander Graham Bell and Alessando Volta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a gramophone in my house! ^__^ Now I will feel uncomfortable everytime I stare at it!

Unknown said...

LOL sorry for scaring you xD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...